- Viburnum berries 400 g
- Sugar 2.5 tbsp. l
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Garlic 3 tooth.
- Ground coriander 1 tsp
- Ground red hot pepper 1 wood chips.
- Greens parsley and dill 1 beam.
- Main ingredients: Kalina, Sugar, Greens
- World Cuisine
1. Viburnum berries without branches, pour 100 ml of water and send to the fire until the berries are soft.
2. Grind garlic and herbs.
3. Grind the hot viburnum through a fine sieve, adjusting the density of the sauce with the help of water in which viburnum was cooked.
4. Add garlic, herbs, salt, sugar, coriander, red pepper and vinegar to the grated viburnum.
5. Send the sauce to the fire and boil it, stirring continuously for 5 minutes after boiling.
Recommendations for the recipe: I recommend using frozen viburnum so that excess bitterness leaves it, so before preparing the sauce, it is better to send viburnum to the freezer.
After all the ingredients of the sauce are mixed, I recommend tasting the sauce, before cooking, you may want to slightly change the proportions, add sugar, salt or other spices to your taste. For those who do not like the smell of viburnum, I want to note that thanks to the spices in this sauce, it does not feel at all.
Enjoy your meal!